Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In The Beginning (2006)




All my life, I've enjoyed very good health. I never even got all the childhood illnesses. I never had surgery, my tonsils and appendix are still in me. I'm tall and have always been told I had a nice figure. Of course, I was blessed early in life with ample breasts.

I sported a D/DD cup, most my life. During pregnancies, my breast became larger, but returned to the D range after breast feeding.

Since I developed early in life, I suffered the usual teasing from my male classmates. You know, bra strap snapping, creepy attempts at unhooking my bra, and overall staring. I remember saying that when I was done having kids, I just wanted to cut off the boobs and remove the inside parts, because I wouldn't need them anymore. Little did I know that I might be prophesying my future.

But deep down I really liked my breasts. Every year I saw my ob/gyn for the normal check-up and pap, got my birth control pill prescription refilled and life went on. When I turned 40, the doctor suggested I add a mammogram to my yearly procedure. I couldn't see why, I had no problems. Neither doctor or myself ever felt a lump, so why in the world would I subject my boobs to the painful and degrading "squish & flatten" nightmare of a mammogram? My thinking was "If it's not broke, don't fix it."

In 2006, I was preparing to move to Texas from Wisconsin. Before I lost my health insurance from my current employer, I decided to get a complete physical, including a mammogram.

So, I went to the UWHC (University of WI Health Center, Madison, WI) on March 16, 2006 and enjoyed my first mammogram. (I'm being just a little sarcastic about the "enjoy" part!)

A few days later, the doctor called to let me know, I was in perfect health, everything was fine.

At the end of July, the U-Haul was packed, and I took off for Texas. Ft. Hood/Killeen, TX to be exact, where my youngest daughter, son-in-law, and 1st grandson were living on post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009Boobs Gone Bad | by TNB